Sunday, February 10, 2013

Meet the Editor #2

by Tom Diedrichs






































My name is Tom Diedrichs, and I am your typical jock/nerd. 

I was brought on here at Jetstreame to write informative and educational articles on the video game industry and culture. Instead I'm probably just going to go off on silly rants about games that hopefully our readers will enjoy. Now for a little bit about me. I'm leaving for the US Army in 2 weeks. I love hanging out with my friends, playing video games, and if I could, I would spend all of my money traveling the world (Wow this sounds like a bad intro to a profile off of okcupid).

I guess I could say I specialize in sports games (Cubs fan here), First Person Shooters, and MMO RPGs. I do tend to go off on adventures, and play Pokemon from time to time. I even play random things like Lego Star Wars (Play any of the Lego video games and try not to have a good time. I DARE YOU! If you do not like those games, you have no soul). 

Don't worry, I wont be on here to give you over hyped updates on why Call of Duty: Black Ops 50, or Madden 2999 is the best game ever, because lets face it, they are not. For example lets to a closer look for a second at Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. They took time to look at the first game, made some adjustments, updated the graphics, and made the ideal first person shooter for console and PC, while also creating a pretty epic single player storyline. Let's go all the way back to Madden 2002 (If you can even remember that game). I can and I'll tell you why. Two words, "Mini Camp." You where finally able to build a player's skills up in Dynasty Mode, have a player career mode, and actually practice with your player before and after a game to make improvements and better a player's stats. 85 on throwing power? No problem, Go to Mini Camp, throw the ball down field at some targets, and Boom, you do a good job, get a silver or gold medal, and your player is now an 86 or 87. The point I'm trying to make is, both of these games in a very media hyped, over produced era of video games actually created a game that could stand out for years to come. Those are the things I look at when I see a new Call of Duty commercial and things I will be expecting from this years Madden 25 ( It's Madden 14, but for some reason they're doing an Anniversary Edition. Definitely not confusing. THANKS EA!) As far as MMO RPGs go, I have a WoW account (Don't judge. It's still fun from time to time), Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Lord of the Rings: Online. It's hard to create a MMO RPG in today's market when WoW can overthrow everything. But each of those games create very uniquely amazing experiences that always draw me back, but that's a story for another time.

To wrap this up, I hope to focus a little bit of shinning light on these games that I've come to love. Instead of giving the "Hey, here is whats new and amazing."  I will of course touch on these new games, but I want to say "Hey here is why you shouldn't buy this game, and keep playing MW3 instead" or "Why is the only update in MLB 2k13 this year the roster update?" "Really? So only 5 more levels, and pandas, that it Blizzard?" I hope you look forward to the articles we will be writing on this website as much as I look forward to writing them. Until next time, See ya on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment